Graduate.ie has been in operation since 2001.
It is a Government, Local Government and EU Funded Citizenship & Democracy Programme for Young people (aged 12 to 18) who are attending second level schools, Youthreach Centres or Youth Clubs.
- Engage, Inform & Inspire Young People
- Developing Active Citizenship, Democratic Values and Intercultural Understanding
- Disseminating important information effectively
- Incentivising Young People to learn
- Opening up new channels of communication between Government, Organisations, Businesses and Young People
- Offering attractive prizes and further opportunities for learning to young people.
About Graduate.ie Competition
Graduate.ie is a FREE online competition for Young people (aged 12 to 18) who are attending second level schools, Youthreach Centres or Youth Clubs.
Graduate.ie uses a Quiz Format to Engage, Inform and Inspire Young People to learn about important topics such as:
- Health & Safety
- Fire Safety
- Road Safety
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Literacy
- Motor Tax
- And many other important Local & National Topics
How it Works..
The Quiz operates on an annual basis during the academic year, starting in September and concluding in March/April. Students can register to participate at any time during the academic year by logging on to the website (www.graduate.ie). Each week a new set of questions relating to areas as diverse as the Arts, environment, politics, health and safety, the Irish language, music, sport, European affairs, etc becomes available on the website. The website provides links to the relevant sponsors webpages making it easy for students to correctly answer the questions.
A computer randomly selects the weekly winners and the appropriate schools / second level students are notified when a prize has been won.
The names of the winners are published on the Graduate.ie website and the schools website.
A Total number of 565 Students have won trips to Strasbourg, Cité De Science, Paris and Washington DC
Other prizes included Computer Hardware & Software, Tablet Devices, Smartphones, Games Consoles, etc.
The total value of prizes to date is approx €700,000
All winning students will be accompanied on the trips by qualified teachers/garda vetted personnel.
* There is absolutely no financial pressure on or exposure to young people, their families, their teachers, their schools or youth groups